Real World Economics Review
The RWER is a free open-access journal, but with access to the current issue restricted to its 25,952 subscribers (07/12/16). Subscriptions are free. Over one million full-text copies of RWER papers are downloaded per year.
Guidelines for Comments
• This blog is renowned for its high level of comment discussion. These guidelines exist to further that reputation.
• Engage with the arguments of the post and of your fellow discussants.
• Try not to flood discussion threads with only your comments.
• Do not post slight variations of the same comment under multiple posts.
• Show your fellow discussants the same courtesy you would if you were sitting around a table with them.
RWER Board of Editors
Nicola Acocella (Italy, University of Rome) Robert Costanza (USA, Portland State University) Wolfgang Drechsler ( Estonia, Tallinn University of Technology) Kevin Gallagher (USA, Boston University) Jo Marie Griesgraber (USA, New Rules for Global Finance Coalition) Bernard Guerrien (France, Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne) Michael Hudson (USA, University of Missouri at Kansas City) Frederic S. Lee (USA, University of Missouri at Kansas City) Anne Mayhew (USA, University of Tennessee) Gustavo Marqués (Argentina, Universidad de Buenos Aires) Julie A. Nelson (USA, University of Massachusetts, Boston) Paul Ormerod (UK, Volterra Consulting) Richard Parker (USA, Harvard University) Ann Pettifor (UK, Policy Research in Macroeconomics) Alicia Puyana (Mexico, Latin American School of Social Sciences) Jacques Sapir (France, École des hautes études en sciences socials) Peter Söderbaum (Sweden, School of Sustainable Development of Society and Technology) Peter Radford (USA, The Radford Free Press) David Ruccio (USA, Notre Dame University) Immanuel Wallerstein (USA, Yale University)
Market-value: Its measurement and metric, by Edward Fullbrook — look inside — $9.99
• “captures head-on the mathematical and analytic weaknesses of neoclassical economics”–Richard Parker
• “insights [that] will no doubt become the key building blocks of the new economics the world needs so desperately today.” – Richard Koo
• “a deep re-think, this ground-breaking study teaches new lessons about the very foundations of economics.” – Lars Syll
• “a must read for all those who recognise the need to undermine the damaging hegemony of mainstream neoclassical economics.” – C. P. Chandrasekhar
• “A simple idea but a great book . . . [that] leads us to profound truths.” – André Orléan
• “provides foundations on which to tackle the devastating social and economic problems of the present age.” – Geoff Harcourt
• “Fullbrook shows . . . ; that general equilibrium . . . is logically impossible; and that inflation is not neutral but redistributional. – Jonathan Nitzan